Welcome to the RCD Nexus
We are creating tools, practices, and professional development resources to support individuals and institutions. Note that for us, “Research Computing and Data” encompasses computing, data, networking, systems, software, instrumentation, and most of all, the people who support all this.
The main areas of emphasis for the RCD-Nexus include:
- A more robust and sustainable implementation RCD Capabilities Model and a new Community Dataset portal.
- Conducting an RCD Professional Staffing survey and sharing the results
- Advancing the adoption of the HR Job Family Framework
- Developing a Career Arcs resource for RCD professionals
- Curating leading practices for staff professional development, and for involving students in RCD/workforce development
The RCD Nexus portal will gather these and related tools and resources together to support the community. We place strong emphasis on helping to bridge the gap for smaller institutions that are struggling to get RCD programs started to support their researchers.
We are also excited to continue the work together with the various organizations that currently support RCD professionals and coordinate our respective work to provide a clear voice advocating for the profession.
See also the Internet2 Press Release.
How can I learn more or get involved?
We’ve created an email@example.com email list where we’ll share information about upcoming events, products, etc. You subscribe to that list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the CaRCC “Get Involved” page for lots of ways to get involved.
You can also check back on this site to see what’s new.
If you’d like to get involved with any of our activities, email us at email@example.com and let us know how you’d like to help.
RCD Nexus is supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant OAC-2100003. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.